RooseveltElementary School

History

Erected: 1910
Renovations/Additions: 1925, 1961, 2010
Sq. Footage: 57,662
‚Äč
Built in 1910, Roosevelt was named in honor of President Theodore Roosevelt. The section ofAllentown where Roosevelt is located was known as Aineyville until it was annexed to the city in 1920. A 16-room addition was added to the school in 1925, and the school housed grades K-8 until 1951 when South Mountain Middle School opened.

Roosevelt received a 6,000 square foot, LEED certified addition to the building in 2010, including a new library, kitchen, health clinic, administrative offices, support classrooms and American Disability Act upgrades.